Tuesday 27 February 2007

Weirdest. Call. Evrr.

Mobile phone rings.

Me: Hello?
Caller: Hello. Can I speak to Mr Boy Friend please?
Me: Uh, no. You've got his girlfriend's phone, and he's not handy at the moment.
Caller: I'm trying to confirm an appointment for 2pm tomorrow?
Me: Ok. Is this his optometrist?
Caller: No. We're not optometrists.
Me: Oh. OK. Well, I don't know of an appointment of his. Where abouts are you?
Caller: 70 Spatular Street Bankstown
Me: Bankstown?
Caller: Yes
Me: In Sydney?
Caller: You're obviously not in Sydney.
Me: No. I'm in Melbourne.
Caller: Right
Me: I don't know that he's unwell.
Caller: We're a psychiatrists...

Skip the chat where we confirm that the booking was made about a month ago for a Boy Friend, but my BF hasn't been in Sydney for over a year...
And that, to the best of my knowledge, he isn't seeing a psychiatrist...

Me: Is this the only number you have?
Caller: Yeah. This is it.
Me: So someone with my boyfriend's name has made an appointment and my mobile is the contact number?
Caller: Yeah.

BF promises that he isn't seeing a psychiatrist. To the best of his knowledge.

1 comment:

Glenn Peters said...

A chilling, everyday vignette!